Use our blenders to create these healthy treats
Here at Juice Producer we’re always on the lookout for innovative new ways to use our smoothie makers and blenders to create a range of exciting recipes. This month we used one of our Bartec Blenders to create a more solid snack that can provide you with a healthy boost of energy for those who lead an active lifestyle.
Flavoursome Chia Seeds
The recipe uses three varieties of chia seeds from a wonderful health food company called Chia Bia. Their products are stocked online and on the high street, including at Holland & Barrett. Just like us here at Juice Producer, they are committed to proving that healthy food doesn’t have to be boring.
Chia seeds contain high levels of omega ALA which helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels, in addition chia is a great source of fibre and protein. Chia is gluten free and high in calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium & zinc and a great source of Folic Acid.
Chia Energy Balls
This fantastic Juice Producer Recipe was created by our expert Sheri Yzerman
- 200g pitted dates chopped in one of our Bartec Blenders
- 300-400g nuts (we used walnuts, pecans and cashews) milled
- 100-200g dried unsweetened fruit (we used cranberries) finely chopped
- 150g Chia Bia (we used Chia & Cranberry Mix, but there are also Chia & Blueberry mix and Chia, apple & cinnamon mix)
- 100g raw chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50ml agave
- Shredded coconut – to roll the balls in at the end
- Once all the ingredients are milled/chopped mix them together in a bowl until it is a thick paste, roll into equal sized balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- Chill the balls and serve.
A delicious healthy treat! Chia seeds can also be used in your smoothie makers and incorporated into a range of recipes. You can soak them in the fridge overnight in yoghurt or milk before adding them to your morning smoothie for a wholesome start to the day.
Thanks Chia Bia!